- Get InkScape, it’s free!
- Export you vector format to XAML to a file: exported.xaml
- Go to Microsoft Blend (part of Visual Studio). It was called Expression Blend before VS 2012.
- Create a test project (WPF Project, for example) that supports XAML
- Open the exported file in XAML and a text editor. Copy the code.
- Go back to Blend and in a blank Window (the default Window that is created, for example) and paste the code inside a Panel (like <Grid></Grid>). You will paste a <ViewBox> with lots of things inside.
- Your vector graphic appears in the Design screen. Click it.
- Choose the menu Tools->Make Brush Resource. Choose VisualBrush or DrawingBrush (I normally select DrawingBrush).
- Go the the Resources tab and you will see the new resource that has been created
- Copy the code of the resource clicking it, then “View Source”.
- Paste it in your project! (a Resource Dictionary should be a good idea!).